After school rugby begins Monday 19th September 3.30-4.30.
It is open to pupils from Years 4 to 6. These sessions will involve tackling on the feild which means the children will get dirty, sometimes depending on the weather very dirty. They will need to bring rugby boots to take part on the grass and I would suggest to purchase a gum shield too. These can be bought at any sports shops but if your child begins to play regularly I would advise you get one from our dentist.
Once or twice a term I organise an inter-cluster festival where other schools in the area meet, usually at Pontyclun RFC for matches. I will select those who are able and ready enough to take part in full contact games. These festivals involve friendly games and therefore I some times take one or two teams. However for the Pontypridd Schools cup / sevens tournaments I will only take one team.
I will try my best to give every child an opportunity to play for the school team during the season.
In the past we have been lucky enough to have kind and generous parents who have organised to purchase kit for the team to play in. Our last kit was donated to us in 2007 and needs to be replaced very soon. If you or anyone you know who would like to sponsor the team kit please get in touch with myself or Mr Davies.
Diolch Mr Andrews
No comments:
Post a Comment